- Did you find some of my content helpful? Consider a donation to help further my work.
Most Recent Articles
- Historic frequency based random lotto number generator.
- Updating the Raspberry PI GIT server.
- Adjusting Notepad++ to work with an ASP VBScript project.
- C#: Using WebClient on CSV Formatted Stock Data
- A simple classic VB code counter made in C#
- Android: Using the CountDownTimer class
- C#: Using the Background Worker to thread your application processing.
- Android: Working with Preferences and Settings
- Android: Basic game loop with scaled graphics.
- Android: Get the size of a custom view before display.
- Raspberry Pi GIT Server Notes
- FXAA Shader Anti-aliasing in XNA 4.0 Winforms
- XNA 4.0 Red X Exceptions
Category Archives: C#
In this example I wrote a program to pull historic stock data from the ticker “DIS” over the past 10 days from the current date (it will be less than 10 results because weekends don’t have data). I used the .NET Framework WebClient object to request and return the data as a string that I parse into a generic Dictionary. It pulls the data from Google’s finance website as well … Continue reading
I made this simple application a while back when I needed to quote a project where I was tasked with converting a sizeable amount of classic Visual Basic code into the .NET Framework. This application I wrote allowed me to start my estimation so that I could tie a dollar amount to the work. There is a lot more I could have done to the project, but when you are … Continue reading
In this article I go over using the background worker control in C# .NET Framework (Visual Studio 2015). This control allows you to easily do processing intensive tasks without locking up your interface thread. I use this a lot in winforms applications where I expect code to take any amount of time that the user would notice the interface being locked up while processing. This control gives you the ability … Continue reading