- Did you find some of my content helpful? Consider a donation to help further my work.
Most Recent Articles
- Historic frequency based random lotto number generator.
- Updating the Raspberry PI GIT server.
- Adjusting Notepad++ to work with an ASP VBScript project.
- C#: Using WebClient on CSV Formatted Stock Data
- A simple classic VB code counter made in C#
- Android: Using the CountDownTimer class
- C#: Using the Background Worker to thread your application processing.
- Android: Working with Preferences and Settings
- Android: Basic game loop with scaled graphics.
- Android: Get the size of a custom view before display.
- Raspberry Pi GIT Server Notes
- FXAA Shader Anti-aliasing in XNA 4.0 Winforms
- XNA 4.0 Red X Exceptions
Tag Archives: wordpress
I wanted to write Japanese in one of my wordpress blogs. The issue was that the encoding was in latin1. Here are the steps I used below. Keep in mind that this is a potentially dangerous modification where you could easily lose your data. Be careful and if you try this, you do it at your own risk! – Make a complete backup of your site by whatever methods you … Continue reading
I had written a basic securing wordpress article back in February of this year. Since then I’ve done a bit more research and came upon the idea of using Apache to help secure the administration directory and scripts, making it more difficult for intrusions to take place. It’s always a good idea to try and protect your sites as best you can. When dealing with open source software, the code … Continue reading
Please view this newer article for another method of securing the wp-admin directory from access. Here are a few tips to securing a wordpress based blog or site: Change the location of your wp-content directory. This is good for making your site’s source code less discernable as a wordpress blog. In the wp-config.php file: Change “wp-content” to something else. Keep in mind that some plugins are not programmed correctly and … Continue reading