It’s been a few years since I published anything to Lulu.com. I submitted my Creator Sky books to their service so that I could increase their visibility outside of Amazon.com. The problem emerged when their QA check on my Creator Sky books failed. They gave a generic error message about not having title and/or author text the same between various data fields and book metadata.
My first book cover graphics had:
by Scott J. Waldron
Lulu’s submission fields only had options for:
A single field for title (it said format it like Title: Sub-title)
Two fields for name (no middle initial)
My volume text “v.1” isn’t something they support. I also wanted to make sure that everything in their data fields, title graphic, and book text were exactly the same so I went through everything to make it exact. I had somehow gotten around that middle initial restriction on two previous titles I published to Lulu. I’m not totally sure what I had done, but I’m thinking for the last name field, I had used “J. Waldron” so that the data would match up with the existing cover graphic and boot text. In this case I wanted things to be simplified. Their revision process takes an aditional day or two for it to finalize meaning I wanted to avoid doing it multiple times. I ended up simplifying my data and going for the best chance to get it right in one revision.
I ended up changing it to:
Tether Volume 1
by Scott Waldron
This worked well. The two books have been pushed to Apple’s iTunes market and Barnes & Noble’s Nook market. Still waiting on Kobo.